Our 50th Reunion: FAQs
March 17, 2014
Dear Yale 1964 Classmate:
We hope you have received our mailing of registration materials for our 50th Reunion.
If you haven't received the mailing, you can download it online, including our letter and its attachments as well as the accompanying brochure. You can also browse to our website's Reunions page and get all the information you need concerning the reunion, including how to register online.
Because the early-bird deadline (saving you $100 per person) is only two weeks away, we are writing to supplement these materials and to do our best to answer questions that you may have.
- When is the reunion? ... The official reunion starts on Thursday, May 29 and continues through Sunday morning, June 1. However, there is a pre-reunion Class golf outing on Wednesday, May 28, followed by an informal dinner at Mory's that evening, to which all classmates and guests (including non-golfers) are warmly invited. PLEASE IGNORE THE INCORRECT DATES ON PAGES 4 AND 5 OF THE BROCHURE THAT YOU RECEIVED IN THE MAIL. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A CORRECTED VERSION HERE.
- How do I register for the reunion? ... The most efficient way to register is by registering online. Have your credit card ready, follow the prompts, check the appropriate boxes, and you can fully register in less than five minutes. If you prefer to register by mail, wait for our mailing (if you haven't received it already), fill out the form, pay for the reunion by check or credit card, and mail the completed form back to the AYA using the enclosed envelope.
- Is "pre-registration" sufficient? ... No. Even if you pre-registered to indicate your intent to attend the reunion, you must now register (and pay via credit card) for the reunion.
- How do I secure early-bird reduced registration fees? ... By registering BEFORE April 1, you save $100 per person. If you register thereafter you will have to pay the full fee of $450 per person.
- Can I attend part of the reunion? ... Yes. We hope, of course, that you will be able to attend the full reunion. Some classmates, however, have unbreakable commitments elsewhere for part of the weekend and can only attend one or two days. The registration process enables you to register and pay for partial attendance.
- If I register for the reunion and then can't come, can I get a refund? ... Yes. If you cancel before May 15, you get a full refund.
- Do I have to register separately for the golf outing? ... Yes. The golf outing is a pre-reunion event, and you must register separately for it.
- Are there sufficient rooms to accommodate late registrants? ... Yes. If you elect to stay in Davenport College (where our class will be headquartered), you can count on a room for you and your spouse or friend. All are welcome! Most New Haven hotels are already fully booked.
Our earlier correspondence supplied details about the entire reunion, from the golf outing and dinner at Mory's on Wednesday, May 28, through the farewell brunch on Sunday, June 1. Our website also provides these details. In future emails, we will give you further details about our program.
We look forward to seeing you in May.