Our 50th Reunion: Final Details
May 22, 2014
Dear Yale 1964 Classmate:
One week from now we will gather in New Haven for our Fiftieth Reunion. In all, 394 classmates have registered (see the list), and we are hoping to greet a number of additional “walk-ons.” You can still register online, even for partial attendance, or you can simply show up and register on the spot.
Our previous correspondence has described our reunion schedule. You can see the schedule as well as all prior correspondence on the Class of 1964 website, and of course the registration materials will furnish particulars concerning the entire schedule, including not just our Class events but also the many lectures and other programs offered by Yale to all reunion classes.
This email provides several miscellaneous pieces of scheduling information and, most importantly, final encouragement for each of you to urge every classmate to join us in New Haven, even those who have not yet registered.
- Please note that the registration desk at Davenport College will be open for business at 8:00am on Thursday morning, May 29. If you plan to attend one of the Thursday-morning programs you will at least be able to drop off your luggage at Davenport and still get to the start of the program at the School of Management or at the Art Gallery. Among the registration materials will be a schedule of all reunion activities. The registration desk will remain open throughout the day (and the weekend).
- Note that the Thursday morning tour of Evans Hall starts at 9:00am, rather than at 9:30am as published in the brochure you got in the mail. The panel on running not-for-profit entities starts at 10:00am, also at Evans Hall. In parallel, the tour of the Yale Art Gallery starts at 10:00am at the Art Gallery auditorium.
- The Thursday afternoon program — the panel of classmates moderated by Howard Gillette — will start at 1:00pm at Levinson Auditorium at the Law School. Enter the Law School via the Wall Street entrance, between York and High, and walk down the long hallway to the auditorium. AYA Staff will be on hand to guide and assist you.
In the event that you arrive late Thursday morning, you may easily attend this panel and then register at your convenience later in the day.
- Al Rossiter and Daniel Gsovski, who will lead our reunion chorus during the memorial service and at other times during the weekend, have asked every interested singer to email Al at firstname.lastname@example.org and plan to attend the brief rehearsal at Battell Chapel from 12:00pm-12:45pm on Friday, May 30. The Memorial Service at Battell will take place at 5:00pm on Friday.
- In our Saturday afternoon program, Ed Massey has organized a program in which, using the format of “TED Talks,” fifteen classmates, each strictly limited to six minutes, will speak of the passions that have engaged them in their lives since Yale. We know that you will find this program to be a fascinating conclusion to our formal class programs. Chris Getman has arranged that our Saturday-evening dinner will feature easy-listening music by the Bales-Gitlin Band, suitable for the kind of visiting and conversation that is at the heart of every good reunion.
We look forward to seeing you in New Haven next week. If you have not yet registered, we hope that our emails during the past months have whet your appetite and that you will decide at the last minute to join us, even if only for part of the weekend. If you can possibly to so — even at the last minute — please register here or, without advance registration, simply show up at the registration desk in Davenport and register on the spot. There is ample space available for lodging in Davenport and we will be delighted that you can attend.