Our 50th Reunion: Send us your photos from the reunion!
May 27, 2014
Dear Yale 1964 Classmate:
I can't believe the week of our 50th Yale Reunion has finally arrived! The turnout promises to be well over 400 classmates (about 50% of the classmates that we were able to reach) and almost that many guests. If you haven't made your plans yet, there's still time to attend. Just show up at our Reunion Headquarters in Davenport and we'll take care of the paperwork! There are still plenty of rooms available in Davenport if you need a place to stay.
Since our last reunion, mobile phones and their cameras have become ubiquitous. So whether you take photos with your phone or a "real" camera, we want to provide an easy way to share them with all classmates. We'll select the best photos and post them on our Class Website. Please send proposed captions along with the images. You can email your images and captions directly to our webmaster, Sam Francis. But here's an easier way and it's free:
- For each image file you want to send, rename it with a filename which includes a photo number and your name (e.g., lavely001.jpg).
- Browse to www.wetransfer.com. The first screen you see may ask you to subscribe to "WeTransfer Plus." Click "Skip."
- You'll be asked to agree to their terms and conditions. Click the button labeled "I agree."
- Find the button labeled "+ Add files" and click it. Then browse to the location of the file you want to send and select it.
- If you want to send another file, click the button labeled "+ Add more files," and so on.
- Click the button labeled "+ Friend's email" and enter "firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Click the button labeled "+ Your email" and enter your email address.
- Click in the "Message" area and enter whatever information you'd like to send along, including your name, but please include a caption for every photo you're sending. For each caption, identify the associated photo by its filename.
- When you've done all the above, click the button labeled "Transfer."
- By the way, you can even do this from your mobile phone!
Sam will post the best photos to a Reunion Photo location on our Class Website.
Hope we'll see you on Thursday!
Secretary, Yale Class of 1964