James Richards '64 on "The Chemistry of Success"
The following is a press release for a book co-authored by classmate Jim Richards. For more information, contact:
James A. Richards
101 First Street, Suite 499
Los Altos, CA 94022-2750
The Chemistry of Success: Six Secrets of Peak Performance is a revolutionary book on optimal health and personal success in every area of life. Written by trusted health authority, Susan M. Lark, M.D. and James A. Richards, M.B.A., it is the only book to link peak performance and optimal health to six specific chemical and physical functions.
Who Will Benefit from THE CHEMISTRY OF SUCCESS?
The Chemistry of Success is written for the millions of people ― men, women, and children of all ages ― searching for resources that will help them attain their success goals as well as enjoy optimal health. This includes:
- Peak Performers who are currently at the height of their career and personal success and wish to continue to make incremental gains in important areas of their lives
- Individuals who have had the "Chemistry of Success" throughout their lives, but are experiencing an age-related or health-related decline in their ability to consistently maintain their winner's edge
- People who have not been able to perform at the level they desire, despite positive mental programming for success
- The millions of people who are faced with high levels of competition in the workplace and need to "stay on top" to ensure their own economic survival
- Baby Boomers who are just beginning to experience the negative effects of physical aging and declining health on their energy, vitality, physical appearance, and level of performance
- Older workers who are battling the perception of being "Finished at 40," but want to remain vital and competitive in the workplace
- Seniors concerned about maintaining their vitality and quality of life
- Children and teens who want to perform to their own expectations, as well as the expectations of friends, parents, and teachers
- Parents who want to improve their own stamina and health, as well as their family's stamina and health
This book can be used to improve one's ability to perform in virtually any area of life, including career, creative endeavors, athletic performance, and personal relationships. For individuals who have never considered themselves peak performers, the techniques described in this book can he used to increase energy levels, improve the ability to achieve goals, and create a much improved level of health.
- Chapter 1: How Acid /Alkaline Balance Benefits Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 2: Restoring Your Acid /Alkaline Balance
- Chapter 3: How Digestive Enzymes Benefit Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 4: Restoring Your Digestive Enzymes
- Chapter 5: How Detoxification Benefits Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 6: Restoring Your Ability to Detoxify
- Chapter 7: How Oxygen Benefits Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 8: Restoring Your Oxygen Levels
- Chapter 9: How Managing Stress Effectively Benefits Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 10: Restoring Your Ability to Manage Stress
- Chapter 11: How Hormones Benefit Peak Performance and Health
- Chapter 12: Restoring Your Hormones
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Susan M. Lark, M.D. is one of the foremost authorities in the field of clinical nutrition and preventive medicine. A graduate of Northwestern University Medical School, she has served on the clinical faculty of Stanford University Medical School where she continues to teach in the division of Family and Community Medicine. She is a distinguished clinician, author, innovative product developer, and lecturer. Her clinical practice has spanned 24 years in the field of preventive medicine and clinical nutrition.
Dr. Lark is one of the most widely referenced physicians in the world on the Internet. She has been a consultant to major corporations, including the Kellogg Company and Weider Nutrition International, one of the largest manufacturers and marketers of nutritional supplements in the United States. She is the author of a nine-book series on women's health issues and clinical nutrition, including the Premenstrual Syndrom Self-Help Book, Menopause Self-Help Book, Anxiety and Stress, and Chronic Fatigue and Tiredness, among others. She has appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows. In addition, her work has been featured in most of the major magazines and newspapers in the United States such as Reader's Digest, McCalls, Better Homes & Gardens, Shape, Mademoiselle, Seventeen, Redbook, The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, and the San Francisco Chronicle. She presently writes a biweekly health column in the National Enquirer.
James A. Richards, M.B.A. is a graduate of Yale University and received his MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business. He spent many years in the investment banking and brokerage field. He started his career with Lehman Brothers, one of the major investment banking and brokerage firms in the United States. He subsequently founded his own consulting business in Silicon Valley, specializing in start-up companies and the licensing of innovative products to major corporations. He is currently a founder and director of CMI Worldwide, Inc., an internet and ecommerce company, as well as executive vice president of business development for a leading nutraceutical research and development firm.
For the past two decades, he has been working with Dr. Lark on the development of this new performance model and its application to success, peak performance, and optimal health. His particular interest has been the application of this work to business success and athletic performance.